Thursday, April 27, 2006

Amma

There, she had done it again.
Tiffin box.

Where is it?
Its not in your bag?
You did it, again!
How many times have I told you to check your bag before you come home?
Now what will I pack your lunch in?
I should spend 50 rupees, now, for your stupidity.
Go now, what are you staring at my face?Go, do your homework!

And clang! goes the gate. She lifts her stubborn feet towards the door.Trrrinnng, she presses the doorbell.


Good!You've come home, at the right time!
Go change your clothes and wash your hands and face and come.
Here, have some hot milk and pakodas, your favourite.
Hmm, I don't find the lunch box in your bag.
Hmm, get it tomorrow from your class.
Be careful, dont burn your tongue while you are drinking the milk.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very moving..

Srini said...

yup.. Deep.. deep came very near to mariana trench :).. I never got the right understanding until spoke you..Good one..

Chitra said...

The 'things' which we take for granted....

Tripti said...

Nice , captures our childhood perfectly
never know what to expect and we genrally expect the worse , but our mums never cease to suprise us do they?

Vikas.Y.V said...

nice one..

not finding the lunch box in the bag was something which was common to me!! :)

Unknown said...

that was really moving!!! i loved reading it..took me back in time!
btw i have something back on my blog- dunno if u find it interesting or relate to it!!-just FYI ;)