Sunday, May 29, 2005

Vikas's theory for good "bluffing"

Hey all,

First of all, to all those who actually liked my Swiss stories, just wait a little while while I compose the last part...Till then, try to understand this theory. Others, do I have to tell u anything more?
Vikas's (me!) theory for good bluffing states that
"The ability to "bluff" is directly proportional to the amount of alcohol content in the human body".
I will explain the details about this later as we talk about the events leading to the formulation of my theory.
Well, for starters, some of us class ppl were planning a reunion. Ambar suggested we all go to his place as his parents are out of town. So we decided to make it there.

Unfortunately, only 6 of us turned out (actually, that's a decent number considering our history) including Ambar. Myself, Nidhi, Jyo, Dipti and Ashwini. We were discussing various topics like Ambar's Kovai and Mumbai trips, Ashwini's "testing" job, our class trip to Mekedatu where we washed Andy's shirt, Divya's marriage and Dipti's prospective grooms ;).

The reunion went on till 8.30 PM when the girls started to leave home. Me and Nidhi had decided to stay there and so I had taken my DVD player and a few movies alongwith me.
beforethat, me and Nidhi went to buy dinner, came back drenched in the rains while Ambar went to the liquor shop. Looking at Ambar, the shop owner suggested "Raja" whisky ;) , but clever Ambar brought some Royal Challenge and vodka.

We decided to watch Hot shots and Bourne identity from my DVD collection. started watching hot shots while me and Ambar started having hot "Vodka" shots while Nidhi was content with a "Fanta" shot. After finishing off the vodka and dinner, we opened the RC while Ambar brought his pack of cards for a game of Bluff. (Sniff..Sniff..Something's burning..it's Muddy!).

The first game went on well for some time with Ambar and myself winning the game and Nidhi left with a load of cards. That's when I though of this theory. Even Ambar thought of it and claimed that drunk men play better!
After a few more rounds of drinking RC, we decided to play one more game. This time again, me and Ambar emerged victorious even better than the first game providing substantial proof for my theory!!

By the end of the game, I was already sloshed and was not in a condition to watch Bourne Identity which had started by then, and so I went to sleep. Ambar and Nidhi soon followed suit. So that brought an end to an awesome reunion night!!

Moral of the story: Always booze before starting a game of bluff

1 comment:

Ambar said...

And I still have the Whisky bottle left :D