Thursday, May 26, 2005

The Poem

I wonder how many of you remember the poem Vijay (c/o UMich, not N.I.) wrote in 8th semester while suffering through a particularly torturous seminar.

It is completely irrelevant as to who was giving the seminar.


Anyways, presenting........

FREEEEE IS ALL I WANT TO BE

Para1:
Seminars,lectures,presentations and the ilk
Who the hell r u trying to bilk
Science and tech are not ur forte
U should be tried in a Moslem court

Chorus:
O’humanoids,o’humanoids
Why doest thou try?
All u do is make me cry!

Para2:
Pentium 3 and a fundoo laser
Do u even understand an eraser
Why don’t u explain the working of a pen
That is lot closer to ur ken
Chorus:

Para3:
All I want is a little sleep
But what u do is make me weep
Balloon asks whats the funda
And u answer bla bla bla
Chorus:

Para4:
So bored am I ,u make me think
When will u finish u stupid fink
Ur seminar is fine except for one thing
In fact ,that is the problem “u know not one damn thing”.
Chorus:

Para5:
As u make ur thoughts flow
In my brain u have kicked up a row
Oh! Will u not stop I beg u please
In fact,I will pay u just to leave
Chorus

Para6:
I see Anthil watching u
Then I realize ur trying to add 2 and 2
Get the answer u may not
Leave us alone u definitely will not
I look at the board and then the fan
The most clever thing on stage is not the man
Chorus:

Para7:
I sit here writing poetry
Something I wouldn’t read ,even for a fee
As I listen to u o’humanoid
I think id rather tear out my adenoids
Chorus:

Para8:
Bows and arrows ,swords and spear
It is u that I most fear
Once im out, I promise thee
Catch me here u will not
Trap me again in this rot
Chorus:


Para9:
All is fair in love and war
But this is pushing things too far
For the bell u make me pine
Ur killing me,u stupid swine
Chorus:

Para10:
Up above the world so high
O’god let me go ,u make me cry
Slide after slide u make me see
U have the IQ of a tree
Chorus:

Para11:
Now on the stage is my friend Kow
I stare at him as u take a bow
Kow will talk on power line
All I can think is “when will I dine”
Rumble rumble ,I hear my stomach growl
Beware y’all .i am on the prowl
Chorus:

Para12:
As I see balloons bald pate
Shut and sealed is my fate
He will listen to whatever u pout
And ask some stupid inane doubt
Chorus:

Para13:
Kow my friend ,u r too cool
But u must know balloon is a fool
He will talk and talk ,as u sit
Listen to him and u will fall into a bottomless pit.
Chorus:


Para14:
TRING goes the bell so sweet
Listening to it is such a treat
Getting thro this was quite a feat
Keep going and ur dead meat
Chorus:

Para15:
To all those who have read this till now
U have the patience of a cow
With all my heart I thank thee
Its 1:30 and I SET THEE FREE.


Written by
Vijay Swaminathan
26/4/03.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i remeber this one .. it was definitely was painful to sit through the seminars ... even more painful to give one .. far more painful when ur on the stage & u can see KBR sleeping through the session ( that did happen ;)..
Shankar