Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Spam on you!!

Often I come across these mails (having pictures which have a cuteness rating of 8 out of 10) saying

"Good Morning... Have a great day today "

Or

"Just thought about You"

Or

"Have a great Weekend" etc..etc. You got the point right??

Eventhough I appreciate their concerns about my well being and their wishes to bringout emotions like love and affection buried in darkest corners of my brain, I feel a sense of uneasiness with them.
They are certainly not spam mails because the sources are my acquaintances, not complete strangers. Still the mail is perfectly useless to me since they are not crying for my attention and not make me happy unless I forward it to someone else.

It is funny to note that most of such mails are forwarded through the official mail IDs of companies who have a stringent internet censorship. (Hello there!!! HR policy people). It seems that these mails are the most entertaining reading material apart from project documentation. If the employees were given enough freedom, they would not have to indulge in this cuteness contest of emails. There would be better things to read/see ;).

And yeah, some of them are entertaining which condemn you to send the mail to 21 people because xyz god has ordered some other idiot to do so. Now I wonder if God reads these mails or he uses a spam filter for such mails. I am waiting for his answer as I send 21 mails of this post to him.

1 comment:

Jyothika said...

hmm,but all those mails were my life saviours...an excuse to chk my mail!