Friday, August 19, 2005

Bangalore is called the silicon valley....oops

Ever heard of foot-in-mouth disease?? Seems like I am contracting that disease after coming to US. Let me expalin a bit more.

We had our orientation today. Everything was going great. Then came this girl from new-york who was supposed to be our mentor for the day.She looked great but was married. Spoke abt her ex-boyfriend for some time(phew.. I pity her husband). Then she started asking things abt our background. When it was my turn, I said my name and I am from india. she asked me the city. I said bangalore. She was curious. She had never heard of the city. So I started to explain that the city is in the south of india and it is also called the silicon valley. This made her blush. I never understood why. But after a few mins of silence, she asked me what the silicon valley meant. I said bangalore is the hub of IT industries so they compare it with silicon valley of US california belt. With a smile, she replied that she thought that silicon valey as a slang for that "silicone" implanted(guess where!!) place . It was my turn to get shocked this time. Then onwards, the mentorship program went flat down with only academics and university to talk abt.

Phew.. talk abt bragging abt ur city and end up being the implant..

3 comments:

Vikas.Y.V said...

awesome!! she must be a blonde for sure and also, maybe a babe! right???

Srini said...

yeah! she was a blonde but was a decent babe.

v.v. said...

Hilarious!
Did you say "ಸಿಲಿಕೋನ್" instead of "ಸಿಲಿಕಾನ್"?
I am also from RVCE - 1987, Electronics.

..
vi.vi.

My Blog: ಮಜಾವಾಣಿ